Neither Comprehension Nor Learning Can Take Place In An Atmosphere Of Anxiety
Managing anxious children
Various strategies to deal with anxiety of the chid are-
Pay attention to your child’s feelings.
• Stay calm when your child becomes anxious about a situation or event.
• Recognize and praise small accomplishments.
• Don’t punish mistakes or lack of progress.
• Be flexible and try to maintain a normal routine.
• Modify expectations during stressful periods.
• Plan for transitions (For example, allow extra time in the morning if getting to school is difficult).