Parent’s active interest in home work
This is the beginning of anything you want.– Anonymous
It is believed that kids are more successful in CBSE Schools in Noida when parents take an active interest in their homework as it shows to the kids that what they do is important. Parents can be supportive by demonstrating study and organization skills, explaining a tricky problem, or just encouraging kids to take a break. It is likely that Parents might even learn a thing or two while helping their children with the homework.
Here are some tips to guide the way:
- Know the teachers and what they’re looking for. Attend school events, such as parent teacher conferences, to meet your child’s teachers. Ask about their homework policies and how you should be involved.
- Set up a homework-friendly area-Make sure kids have a well-lit place to complete homework. Keep supplies — paper, pencils, glue, scissors — within reach.
- Schedule a regular study time. Some kids work best in the afternoon, following a play period; others may prefer to wait until after dinner.
- Help them make a plan. On heavy homework nights, encourage your child break up the work into manageable portions. Help your child to create a work schedule if necessary and if possible suggest them to take a 15-minute break every hour.
- Keep distractions to a minimum. This means no TV, loud music, or phone calls but an occasional phone call to a classmate about an assignment can be helpful.