Our Little Efforts Can Help In Healing Environment-CBSE Schools in Noida
“We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors; we have only borrowed it from our children.”
When we talk of environment, the picture that comes to our mind is of a pair of hands saving tress but environment is not just saving trees and planting more tress but has much larger connotation. Thus the term ‘environment’ can be quoted as ‘the sum total of all surroundings of a living organism including natural forces and other living things which provide conditions for development and growth as well as of danger and damage.’
In the present context, environment is a matter that concerns each and every one of us so it becomes our responsibility to save it with concertedand resolute efforts. Thinking that others will contribute in saving the environment will just not help. There are many things that we do every day and if we are little cautious as well as aware citizens of the world just as students of ASPAM Scottish, one of Top Schools in Noida, then we can definitely contribute in minimizing the effects of environmental degradation.
ASPAM Scottish School, one of the best CBSE Schools in Noida ensures that ASPAMIANS become the crusaders of environment through various activities that are organised throughout the year and involves each and every ASPAMIAN. One such activity is teaching them the unpretentious methods to contribute their bit in saving the environment and these simple ways are-
- Follow the 3 R’s –Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Follow Green and Blue for disposal of garbage i.e. throw biodegradable garbage such as food items, kitchen waste etc. in green bins and non -biodegradable garbage such as plastic containers, glass bottles, cups, cartons, metal cans, gift wrapping paper etc. in blue bins.
- We should not litter garbage as a pile of garbage is a store house of diseases.
- Garbage should not be thrown in rivers or water bodies as it will lead to water pollution and consequently cause water paucity and dearth.
- Garbage is to be segregated into biodegradable and non- biodegradable. Segregation of garbage may save the innocent animals feeding on them from dying a painful death.
- Dissuade yourself from using plastic bags as they are non- biodegradable and take hundreds of years to decompose.
- Whenever going out, take your own water bottle rather than buying and using plastic bottles.
- Use paper bags/cloth bags/jute bags as they are environment friendly and totally do away with the use of poly bags.
- Do not use products made from killing or harming of animals such as leather, products made of ivory. This effort of ours may save animals from being poached, becoming endangered and later becoming extinct altogether.
- Avoid using gasoline transport as it causes much carbon emission that contributes to global warming.
- Opt for public transport or car pool as these are eco- friendly means of travelling.
- For going to nearby places, you can either walk or even use bicycle to visit that place.
- Ensure that all the taps are properly secured as dripping taps will lead to loss of precious water that is getting scarce with each passing day.
- While shaving or brushing your teeth, turn off water tap.
- Minimize the use of shower while bathing as it leads to wastage of a lot of water.
- Switch off the lights, fans and ACs when not in use.
- Turn off the electric appliances when not in use.
- LED bulbs and LED tube lights to be used as they are eco-friendly and help in conserving energy.
- Solar panels at the society’s roof top will most certainly help us in meeting our electricity requirement.
- Throw out single use plastic from your everyday use and encourage your family, friends and acquaintances to do the same.
- Adopt a plant in your neighbourhood or the locality part and take care of it till it blooms.
Aren’t these simple and easy ways of healingenvironment that’s already in a pretty bad shape? All these unassuming ways will most certainly help in sustainable development of environment. If we follow these modest ways religiously, we can then surely claim our little contribution in saving the environment and such everyday ways will definitely pay rich dividends in the long run. Saving environment is not an individual effort but it is a joint venture and each and every person’s contribution is highly solicited to make this effort a success at any cost. So, it’s now time to start having a pro-active approach and be vigorously involved in healing the environment and save it from further deterioration.